This festive season, run Dynamic Ads for Broad Audiences (a.k.a. Dynamic Ads for Prospecting) in addition to your usual Custom and Lookalike audiences. This setting is strangely underutilised, but extremely powerful.
Dynamic Ads work by enabling you to show your ads to potential customers who have viewed similar products on other sites.
For example, if you sell vegan women handbags, this targeting setting enables Facebook to dynamically show your ads to people who have expressed interest in similar vegan women handbags on other websites that have the Facebook pixel installed.
This is much more efficient than trying to target cold audiences based on interests or other behaviours, and helps you build a retargeting list at a much lower cost.
With CPMs forecasted to rise very substantially this holiday season, as advertisers seek to recover from the early-2020 losses, Dynamic Ads for Broad Audiences will help you keep ad costs low and efficient.
1. Install the Facebook pixel on your site.
2. Upload your product catalog to Facebook. (You need a product catalog to use Dynamic Ads)
3. Create your Dynamic Audience through the ad targeting options.
One unconventional way to build backlinks is to submit high-quality images to Unsplash, a destination for attribution-free stock image photos.
1. Submit your photos to Unsplash (www.unsplash.com). This is especially easy for e-commerce brands that already have aesthetically stunning lookbook photos.
2. Wait for 6-12 weeks.
3. Do a Google Reverse image search on your uploaded photos.
4. Email those that use your photos, and ask them nicely if they could credit you with a backlink to your site. 5. Some people might say no or ignore you, but many will also give you a backlink without a second thought.
1. Note that by submitting your images to Unsplash, you allow others to download and use your photos for free, without attribution.
2. You need to own all the rights to the photos.
Insight from Chris Tweten.
CPMs are now rising steadily and are expected to rise even further in the next 2 months according to AdRoll.
What should I do? If you convert mostly on retargeting campaigns, you should start your prospecting campaigns now to build up your retargeting audiences, before CPMs rise through the roofs.
How does this help? This allows you to more affordably build your retargeting audience, and get your audiences warmed up before you launch your big sale offer for Black Friday/Cyber Monday or your festive campaigns.
Traktion's toolkit, How to Build An Agile Marketing Team, is chock full of expert tips and real-world examples on how to build an agile, effective growth marketing team. This is especially relevant in today's remote-first environment. If you are in the process of growing your marketing team, this is a must read.