Does Boosting Posts on Facebook Work & Is It Worth It?
Boosting posts on Facebook is something many Social Media Experts do. The question is, does it make sense to spend money on boosting posts on Facebook?
The answer to this question depends on several factors: the audience, the type of post, and your budget.
But let’s first understand the basics of boosting a post on Facebook.
What does a boost post mean on Facebook?
A Facebook boost post is a type of advertisement that promotes an existing post on Facebook within the newsfeed. The boost post will usually be shown to a targeted audience who is most likely to react to the ad and or buy the product. A post on Facebook is usually boosted when it needs to be seen by a larger audience than can be reached organically. The good thing about boosting a post is that you can target your audience by age, gender, location, and interests.
Boost posts are one of many ways businesses can advertise their products and services on Facebook. For example, if a business wants to advertise its new shirt, they may do a post about it on Facebook and then boost that post so that it shows up in people’s newsfeeds who are interested in fashion.
There are three types of boosts:
-Boost Post: this boosts any given post from your page
-Boost Story: this boosts any given story from your page
-Boost Page: this boosts any given page on your site
What is the purpose of a Facebook boost post?
Facebook Boost Post is a paid service that allows people to promote posts so they can get more reach and engagement. This option will help you get your content in front of more people, which is useful in the case of an event or product launch. It is also helpful if you want to get the word out about an important cause or event.
This service has some limitations, though. It won't show up on users' news feeds unless they are connected with you, and it won't show up in search results either.
Facebook Boost Post Vs. Facebook Ads
Facebook Boost Post is a way for businesses to reach their customers. With rising costs of Facebook ads, boosted posts are a cheaper way for businesses to promote their posts.
The main difference between Boost Post and Facebook Ads is that Boost Post prioritizes reaching out to people who are not connected with the business page over your existing followers. It brings you more exposure by increasing your reach to audiences who may not be familiar with your brand. While boosted posts help raise brand awareness, they are not very effective for converting customers. You can optimize Facebook ads for better conversion.
Compared to Facebook ads, Facebook boost post also allows less targeting options in terms of custom audience.
How to boost a Facebook post?
Boosting a post on Facebook is a process that can be done through ads. Boosting posts on Facebook is an effective way to reach your target audience and increase the likelihood of readers engaging with your content.
Follow these steps to boost a post on Facebook:
- Log into your Facebook account and switch to your Facebook Page.
- Create or find the post you want to boost on Facebook. You can boost different types of posts, such as - jobs, events, or video posts. Note: If you don't see the boost post button, it's a possibility that your page doesn't qualify for the boost post feature.
- Click on “Boost post” and choose a goal based on the results you'd like to see from your ad.
- Fill in the details - Audience, Total budget, Duration, and Payment method.
- When you've finished, click on “Boost post now”.
Pros and Cons of boosting a post on Facebook
- Higher engagement since more people will see the post and like and comment on it.
- It is a quick way to get more attention, especially if the post has been on Facebook for a while.
- They can be more affordable than other forms of advertising.
- These posts show up as "ads" to your audience making it evident to your audience that it’s a paid post and not an organic one.
- It can be time-consuming because you have to keep an eye on your posts and when they need to be boosted.
Does boosting posts on Facebook work?
Boosting posts on Facebook is a way of paying to have your post shown more prominently in the newsfeed. Boosted posts appear on top of the feed and are seen by more people than ones that are not boosted.
Is it worth boosting posts on facebook?
Boosting posts on Facebook can work if it is done correctly and can result in increased engagement. However, there are many factors that affect how much engagement a post receives. Some of the most common factors include:
- The time of day and date the post was published
- The time between posts
- How many people are following the account
- The number of comments on previous posts
How can you increase the engagement of boosted posts?
First of all, you should boost posts that have already been shared by others. This way, the post will be shown to people who are already interested in your content and might share it with their friends and followers as well.
Secondly, you should boost posts that have a high engagement rate. This will ensure that the post has a higher chance of being seen by more people and therefore has a better chance of going viral.
Finally, you should make sure to boost your posts at the right time so that they get maximum visibility.